Registration for Spring Orientation is now open.
New Student Programs will create a seamless transition for all incoming students and their supporters to ensure a successful college experience.
Attention Spring start students: Be sure to view the spring checklist as it will greatly help with your transition to SIU!
New Student Orientation: Spring 2023
January 13, 2023 1:00pm-4:30pm
9:00am-12:00pm New Students can move into Residence Halls (Halls open at 9am)
- Individual Financial Aid Counseling offered during this time
- Students who have not yet registered for classes; advisement appointments
- Student Health Center Tours
- Classroom Tours
- Student Employment Resources
12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch on your own (enjoy the choices in the Student Center)
1:00pm-1:30pm NSO Check In (Student Center International Louge)
1:30pm-2:00pm Welcome to SIU!
2:00pm-2:15pm Ice Breaker Activity
2:15pm-3:30pm Resource Fair
- Resource Fair Explore some of what SIU has to offer by meeting with university staff and campus departments during the Resource Fair. Note that immunization compliance forms can be turned in at the Student Health Center table during the Resource Fair.
3:45pm-4:15pm College Welcomes
- Academic Welcome Students and families attend a welcome with the student’s specific academic college or school. Learn about opportunities for involvement and success in the student’s major and career field.
4:30pm-6:00pm: Break for personal tasks
6:00pm-8:00pm New Student Social/Mixer in Student Center with New Student Programs
- Bowling, Billiards, E-Sports & Pizza