Junior Saluki Experience
Junior Saluki Experience is a fun program for siblings, family members, friends, or kids of incoming SIU students attending New Student Orientation. During the Junior Saluki Experience, young Salukis will have a chance to have an orientation journey of their own. We have planned fun and exciting activities to allow your Junior Salukis to experience SIU while you take care of business. Kids participating in the program will be under SIU staff supervision at all times. Our trained staff will ensure the junior salukis have an “ab-saluki” fun adventure.
Who can attend the Junior Saluki Experience?
- Junior Saluki Experience is open to youth entering grades 5th-12th grade in fall 2019. Students, siblings, children, friends, and other family members are all welcome on the day the incoming SIU student attends New Student Orientation.
When is Junior Saluki Experience? Junior Saluki Experience is offered during the following New Student Orientation programs.
- Monday, April 29
- Monday, May 20
- Friday, May 31
- Friday, June 7
- Friday, June 21
- Saturday, June 22
- Friday, July 12
- Saturday, July 13
Registration for the Junior Saluki Experience is part of the New Student Orientation reservation.
- Click here to create or modify a New Student Orientation reservation. You will need the SIU student’s login information.
- From the New Student Orientation reservation form, go to the Guests tab.
- Add your Junior Saluki as a guest (if you have not already)
- At the bottom of the guest reservation page, select “yes” to the question “Will this guest be entering 5th-12th grade?” (Junior Saluki Experience is only for guests of students attending New Student Orientation, and is restricted to those who will enter 5th-12th grade in fall 2019.)
- Select “yes” to the question “Would you like to enroll this guest in the Junior Saluki Experience?”.
- A $10 fee will be added to the New Student Orientation reservation. This fee can be paid online via credit card, or can be paid at New Student Orientation check-in using cash, credit card, or check.