Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about your orientation experience? Check out our FAQs below.
- Is Online New Student Orientation required?
- Once I complete Phase 1 (pre-Orientation Videos) and Phase 2 (Virtual NSO), am I done?
- Is there a cost to attend virtual New Student Orientation?
- What if I do not have access to technology or stable Internet?
- How do I get involved with SIU prior to August?
- How do I get registered for courses?
- I am already familiar with SIU, why should I attend an NSO?
- How do I sign up for New Student Orientation?
- Should family members/supporters attend New Student Orientation?
- How will my reservation for module access be confirmed?
- What if I do not receive a confirmation e-mail?
- What if I need to change my major?
- How long is the program?
- Are there available accommodations if needed?
- What is Multi-Factor Authentication and how do I set it up?
Why should I attend New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation offers students and their families/supporters a number of resources to make the enrollment process and transition to SIU go much more smoothly. Once students complete their virtual New Student Orientation, they will have the information needed to complete their checklist and are excited to begin life as a Saluki!