Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I attend New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation offers students a number of resources to make the enrollment process and transition to SIU go much more smoothly. New Student Orientation offers students the opportunity to take care of all of the necessary details to finalize enrollment.
Students leave New Student Orientation with everything taken care of and excited to start life as a Saluki!
- I am already familiar with SIU, why should I attend an NSO?
- Is there a cost to attend New Student Orientation?
- How do I sign up for New Student Orientation?
- Can transfer students attend any of the program dates?
- Should family members/supporters attend New Student Orientation?
- How will my date be confirmed?
- What if I do not receive a confirmation e-mail?
- What if I want to change my date?
- What if I need to change my major?
- What is the location of the program?
- Where do I park?
- How long is the program?
- Are there available accommodations if needed?
- I've attended New Student Orientation, now what?
- What is the Student Health Insurance Fee?
- How do I enroll in the Installment Payment Plan?